Welcome to Winchester Rugby Football Club U8s
Welcome to Winchester Under 8s.
Under 8s play a fast-flowing, 4-a-side non-contact format called "tag rugby".
NNw players are welcome to come along to training at 10am on Sundays.
Before playing you will need to complete a consent to play form, the best option is to select New Member on the top left of the website and complete our online form. If this isn't possible then paper copies are available at the Club. Completion of a consent form entitles your child to two trial sessions. After both of these sessions you will need to become a member of the club if you wish to continue at Winchester.
Please note that all players must have a parent or guardian present at all times during training sessions and that the U8s are for children in Year 2 at school
We train at North Walls Recreation Ground on the pitches at the end of Nuns Road. Sessions start promptly at 10am and will finish by 11am, potentially earlier if it is bad weather. All players must have a parent or guardian present at all times.
Players need to have appropriate kit including boots, warm clothing and waterproofs if necessary. They should also have a drink in a named bottle.
If you would like further information, please contact the coaching team on: XXX
Aims for the season
The coaching team have met during the summer and suggest the following objectives for the season. Please help us meet them.
• All activities are enjoyable for all
• All players have noticeably improved their tag rugby skills over the course of the season
• As many players as possible progress to U8’s rugby
• All players will have the opportunity to take part in at least one tournament during the season (subject to willingness, logistics and training attendance)
• Aim to win targeted tournaments including Hampshire and Winchester
• Players, parents and coaches actively support our codes of conduct, foster the spirit of the game and a supportive team environment
• We actively seek encouragement, support and constructive feedback from players, parents and coaches.
• Each player will train with a range of coaches but will have a named coach who acts as their key point of contact.
How can you help
Please get involved as much or as little as possible. You may not wish to join the coaching or administrative team but we know from existing coaches and parents that the success of the group depends on the full support of parents.
We will need help with everything from: sorting tag belts, tidying up at the end of sessions, crowd control, support for your child if they are upset or injured, taking them to the toilet right up to coaching and administration.
Please ensure your child turns up to sessions on time and with the right kit. You can buy WRFC kit on Sundays from the Clubhouse.
The season will start on Sunday 6th September 2015.
For all sessions, your child will need:
• Appropriate clothing including boots. When the weather is cold and/or wet, please ensure your child has warm clothing and/or waterproofs.
• A drink in a named bottle.
If you have any queries please feel free to talk to any of the coaches after the session or use the team email address: